- Completeness: The strategy is guaranteed to find a solution
if one exists.
- Time Complexity: Time needed to find the solution
- Space Complexity: Memory needed to find the solution
- Optimality: When there are several solutions is the best
one found (first).
- Uninformed Search / Blind Search
- Can only distinguish goal / non-goal state
- Don't use information about number of steps from
current state to goal
- Breadth First, Depth First, Uniform Cost, Iterative
Deepening, Bi Directional.
- Informed Search / Heuristic Search
- Use a guess / estimate of how far a state is from a goal
in deciding which node to expand next
- HEURISTIC from the Greek FIND, DISCOVER