Accommodation in Canberra can be hard to come by. We strongly recommend you book as early as possible. If you are staying in Canberra to attend LangFest events such as the Australasian Language Technology Workshop too, on 1 December, ATLA have some information on LangFest accommodation.
Places on or near the ANU campus include:
- University House charges $90-$149/night. It's on campus and about a 10 minute walk from the ADCS venue.
- Student residences: Fenner Hall, Toad Hall, Ursula Hall, and Burgmann College all offer some rooms over summer. Fenner Hall is about 2km from campus, the others are on campus and a 10-15 minute walk from the ADCS venue.
- Liversidge Court Apartments are on campus and a ten minute walk from ADCS.
- Hotels include Rydges Lakeside, the Novotel, and Quest apartments. They're all town, 10-15 minutes from ADCS.
- You could always try the YHA ($99 for a private rooom, from $31.50 for a dorm). It's 15 to 20 minutes walk.