Travel Awards for Students Presenting at the Sixteenth Australasian Document Computing Symposium (ADCS2011)
The Conference is offering travel support to students coming to ADCS2011 in Canberra. These awards can be put toward travel and accommodation expenses. While we expect that there will be four awards of approximately A$500 each, the organising committee reserves the right to award more or less awards as they see fit, or to alter the amount of any awards.
Students: How to apply
Send an email to the general chair of the conference (Paul Thomas, email@example.com) indicating that you would like to apply for the award, and the amount for which you are applying. The email must be cc'ed to your supervisor. In the email, you should briefly outline why you should get the award. Bullet points addressing the selection criteria below would be excellent. Be sure to include your name, your supervisor's name, and where you will be travelling from.
You must also arrange for your supervisor to send a separate email acknowledging that you are indeed enrolled as a student, and that the statements you made in the application are correct (to the best of their knowledge).
Note that the award will be in the form of a reimbursement of expenses, not a cash award. The awardees will only receive money after producing receipts for appropriate expenses, and completing any supplied forms. The reimbursement will be processed through The University of Melbourne accounts.
Applications will be selected according to the following criteria.
- The student is presenting a paper at ADCS2011. (You can apply for an award before paper decisions are announced, as long as you have submitted a paper; and as long as you will be presenting it, if the paper is accepted.)
- The student's host university and/or supervisor is unable to fund (or fully fund) the travel.
- The student will stay in cheap accommodation during the conference.
- The student has not attended ADCS in previous years.
- The student has not attended any conferences during their candidature and is nearing the end of their candidature.
Award applications must be received no later than 11 November 2011, Canberra time.