Travel Awards for Students Presenting at ADCS 2014
The Conference is offering travel support to students coming to ADCS2014 in Melbourne. These awards can be put toward travel and accommodation expenses. While we expect that there will be four awards of approximately A$500 each, the organising committee reserves the right to award more or less awards as they see fit, or to alter the amount of any awards.
Students: How to apply
- Send an email to the general chair of the conference (Falk Scholer, email@example.com) with the subject line "ADCS 2014 Travel Support Request", indicating that you would like to apply for the award, and the amount for which you are applying.
- The email must be cc'ed to your supervisor.
- In the email, you should briefly outline why you should get the award. Please address the selection criteria below (bullet points are fine). Be sure to include your name, your supervisor's name, and where you will be travelling from.
- You must also arrange for your supervisor to send a separate email acknowledging that you are indeed enrolled as a student, and that the statements you made in the application are correct (to the best of their knowledge).
Note that the award will be in the form of a reimbursement of expenses, not a cash award. The awardees will only receive money after producing receipts for appropriate expenses, and completing any supplied forms. The reimbursement will be processed through RMIT accounts or the ACM.
Applications will be selected according to the following criteria.
- The student is presenting a paper at ADCS2014.
- The student's host university and/or supervisor is unable to fund (or fully fund) the travel.
- The student will stay in cheap accommodation during the conference.
- The student has not attended ADCS in previous years.
- The student has not attended any conferences during their candidature and is nearing the end of their candidature.
Award applications must be received no later than 11 November 2011, Melbourne time.