Computing: The Australasian Theory Symposium
Call for papers |
Accepted Papers |
Instructions for Authors |
ACSW Sponsors |
Computer Science Association
Computing: The Australasian Theory Symposium (CATS) is the
premier theoretical computer science conference in Australasia. It is
held annually as part of
Australasian Computer Science Week (ACSW). ACSW is overseen by the
Computer Science Association and is an annual week of Australasian
Computer Science Conferences, including:
- the Australasian Computer Science Conference (ACSC2003),
- the Australasian Database Conference (ADC2003),
- the Computing: The Australasian Theory Symposium (CATS2003),
- the Fourth Australasian User Interface Conference (AUIC2003),
- the Asia Pacific Bioinformatics Conference (APBC2003),
- the Australasian Information Security Workshop (AISW 2003) ,
- the Fifth Australasian Computing Education Conference (ACE2003) and
- the Workshop on Wearable, Invisible, Context-Aware, Ambient, Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing.
CATS 2003 will be the ninth time that CATS has been held. The
symposium will consist of invited talks, formal paper presentations
and informal presentations.
Friday 6th September, 2002: Deadline for formal submissions
Friday 18th October, 2002: Notification of acceptance for formal submissions
Friday 6th December, 2002: Deadline for informal submissions
Friday 13th December, 2002:
Tuesday 4th to Friday 7th February, 2003: Australasian Computer
Science Week, incorporating CATS 2003
- Final versions of accepted formal papers due
- Deadline for author registrations
- Notification of acceptance for informal submissions
Registration, accommodation and travel
Registration, accommodation and travel for CATS 2003 will be organised
centrally as part of the Australasian Computer
The proceedings of CATS 2003 will be published by Elsevier Science in the series
Electronic Notes in
Theoretical Computer Science.
ENTCS is an electronic series associated with the journal
Science, and published by Elsevier Science B. V.
The proceedings of CATS2000, CATS2001 and CATS2002 have all appeared in ENTCS as
ENTCS Volume 31,
ENTCS Volume 42
ENTCS Volume 61
A hardcopy preliminary proceedings and copies of accepted informal papers
will be provided to conference attendees.
Otago University, Dunedin, New Zealand.
Monash University, Melbourne, Australia.
City University of Hong Kong.
Newcastle University, Australia.
University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia.
James Harland (Chair),
RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia.
University of Sussex, Brighton, UK
University of Technology, Sydney, Australia.
Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia.
University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia.
Expert Information Services, Melbourne, Australia.
ACSW General Chair
Roddick, Flinders University, Adelaide
Previous CATS symposia
Other Nearby Meetings
Delegates to CATS may also be interested in the
conference, to be held in Otago in the week after CATS'03.
Enquiries and submissions
(CATS 2003 Programme Chair)
School of Computer Science and Information Technology
Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT)
Melbourne, 3001, Australia
Phone: +61 3 9925 2348
Fax: +61 3 9662 1617