Getting there from Faro Airport
Use the following to find airport transfers to Vilamoura
Venue informationThis year's OTM federated conferences will be held at the Tivoli Marinotel Hotel and Conference Center in Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal.
A special room rate for participants applies at at the conference venue. It is 105 for single use of a twin room, and 115 euro for twin use. This includes full American buffet breakfast, all taxes and service charges. To book at this rate, mention "ONTHEMOVE" when making your reservation.
More information of the hotel can be found at
Other AccomodationOther accomodation around the conference location:
Local information about Vilamoura is available from
http://www.marinadevilamoura.com/, and http://www.portugalvirtual.pt/_tourism/algarve/loule/vilamoura.html
For more information on the Algarve region, please visit
How to get thereFrom Faro airport
The easiest way to reach Vilamoura is to fly into Faro international airport, directly or through a connecting flight from Lisbon. Faro is around 20 km from Vilamoura.
You can reach the center of Vilamoura by:
- Taxi (around 28 Euros per way)
- Shuttle bus [schedules to be provided]
Lisboa is around 270 km from the Algarve and Vilamoura. You can reach Vilamoura by:
- Plane - approximate cost per person is 125 Euros for one way and 180,00 Euros for a round trip
- Bus -
(http://www.rede-expressos.pt), starting from "Terminal da
Expressos de Sete Rios", on the praça (square) Marechal
Humberto Delgado (near
the Lisbon Zoo). The (spring-summer 2007) timetable has about fifteen
day between Lisbon and Vilamoura and about the same number from
Vilamoura to Lisbon. The trip lasts about 3.5 hours and the cost is 15
The bus station in Lisbon can best be reached by taxi from the international airport (cost is around 10 Euros).
- Train - (http://www.cp.pt) starting from "Gare do Oriente". The cost is 14.50 Euros (2nd class) or 19.00 Euros (1st class) per person (one way). The current timetable has four trains per day Lisbon to Faro and back. The trip lasts about 3 hours. "Gare do Oriente" can best be reached from the international airport by taxi (around 7 Euros). You can go from the Faro train station to Vilamoura by taxi (around 40 Euros per way).
- Rent a car. Starting from the international airport, you should take "Ponte Vasco da Gama" and the motorway to "Algarve" and "Faro".
Additional information can be found at:
Map of VilamouraA map of Vilamoura can be found here